We are seeking a new Lead Specialist for OBA’s world-class Technology-Transfer Program.
Graduate degree or Bachelor of Science, with coursework in apiculture, entomology, biology, and/or agriculture.
- Three years or more of experience working with honey bees.
- Experience with project management, applied research in the field and experience in laboratory work.
- Thorough knowledge of the business of beekeeping and general beekeeping practices, including honey bee biology.
- Strong understanding of all influences on bee health including, pesticide/chemical exposure, parasite, beekeeping practices and disease management in apiculture.
- Ability to manage and work with honey bee colonies in the field.
- Strong project management skills and the ability to manage complex or multiple projects. Ability to develop and carry out applied research projects on honey bee parasites and pathogens in laboratory and field settings.
- Strong organizational skills.
- A team leader with the ability to give direction, lead, delegate and incorporate ideas from others.
- Ability to effectively communicate with a people from a wide variety of backgrounds and to synthesize, interpret and communicate complex scientific information to beekeepers and the general public.
- Ability to secure research grants and other funding for research projects.
How to Apply: Please submit application that includes a CV or résumé to the OBA at email@example.com or by mail at:
Ontario Beekeepers’ Association Membership Office
A102 – 490 York Road, Guelph, ON N1E 6V1
We sincerely thank all applicants but can only contact those selected for follow-up.